Sony Xperia L2 evaluation – GSMArena.com assessments
E became L in Sony’s smartphone lineup final 12 months and now comes era two – the Sony Xperia L2. A 12 months later, the brand new entry-level mannequin comes with a couple of enhancements and an aesthetic to match the present firm tendencies.
Sony’s all about battery life this 12 months and that focus is current on the L2 in addition to on the XA2s – the L2’s energy pack is rated at three,300mAh. It is a sizeable 26% improve over the L1’s capability and one that does not come on the expense of added weight – the L2 is definitely 2g lighter than the outgoing mannequin and ideas the scales at 178g.
The chipset is similar unexciting Mediatek MT6737T with a quad-core 1.5GHz CPU, however RAM’s gotten a bump to 3GB and storage has been doubled to 32GB – we might wish to see these numbers change into the baseline.
Among the many much less apparent, however ever welcome upgrades, the principle digital camera has been handled to a wider f/2.zero aperture (the L1’s was f/2.2), whereas the selfie shooter is shared with the costlier Xperia XA2 – it is the identical 8MP extremely huge unit.
The Xperia L1 already had a USB-C port and we’d have praised Sony one too many occasions for adopting the usual even on its low finish cellphone – the L2 makes use of Sort-C too. A brand new addition this 12 months is the fingerprint sensor – on the again, similar to on the mid-tier fashions.
Sony Xperia L2 specs
- Physique: Gorilla Glass four entrance; plastic body and again; black, gold, and pink (choose markets solely) coloration schemes.
- Show: 5.5″ LCD, 1,280x720px decision, 267ppi pixel density.
- Rear digital camera: 13MP, 1/three.06″ sensor measurement, f/2.zero aperture; autofocus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- Entrance digital camera: 8MP, 120-degree discipline of view; fastened focus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software program: Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6737T: quad-core 1.45GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, dual-core Mali-T720 GPU.
- Reminiscence: 3GB of RAM; 32GB storage; devoted microSD slot for enlargement.
- Battery: three,300 mAh (sealed).
- Connectivity: Single/Twin SIM; LTE Cat. four (150Mbps obtain); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n; GPS; NFC; Bluetooth four.2.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; single speaker on the underside; three.5mm jack.
The chipset is a little bit of a weakling, and that is one other factor we’re not solely thrilled about when trying on the L2’s specsheet. A Snapdragon 450 would have appeared higher, and even a 430 would have made a extra optimistic impression. The next-res display would have additionally made a world of a distinction, however that is perhaps asking an excessive amount of.
Ought to we complain about Nougat on an entry-level machine? Properly, complain is what we do round right here, so complain we’ll. OS model rant – examine. Transfer on.
Sony Xperia L2 unboxing
The Xperia L2 is available in a plain white field – there is no explosion of colours when you take away the lid. Or may it’s the pre-production nature of our evaluation unit? The XA2 we had over for evaluation not too long ago did not sport the colourful field of final 12 months’s Xperias both, hmm.
Anyway, contained in the field you may discover simply the naked necessities – an influence adapter rated at an unexciting 5V/zero.85A (who nonetheless makes these) and a USB cable. As for the cellphone itself – effectively, extra on that on the following web page.