Saying TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield Latin America in São Paulo on Nov. eight – TechCrunch
TechCrunch is happy to announce that the Startup Battlefield Latin America is coming to São Paulo on November eight this yr. That is the primary occasion TechCrunch has ever held in Latin America, and we’re all in to make it a memorable one to help the fast-emerging startup ecosystem within the area.
The Startup Battlefield is TechCrunch’s premier startup competitors, which over the previous 12 years has positioned 750 firms on stage to pitch prime VCs and TechCrunch editors. These founders have gone on to boost greater than $eight billion and produce greater than 100 exits. Startup Battlefield Latin America goals so as to add 15 nice founders from Latin America to these elite ranks.
Right here’s how the competitors works. Founders might apply now to take part in Startup Battlefield. Any early stage (pre-A spherical) firm with a working product headquartered in an eligible Latin American nation (see listing beneath) might apply. Purposes shut August 6. TechCrunch editors will evaluate the functions and, based mostly on which candidates have the strongest potential for an enormous exit of main societal influence, choose 15 to compete on November eight. TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield workforce will work intensively with every founding workforce to hone their six-minute pitch to perfection.
Then it’s sport day. The 15 firms will take the stage at São Paulo’s Tomie Ohtake Institute in entrance of a dwell viewers of 500 folks to pitch top-tier VC judges. The judges and TechCrunch editors will choose 5 for a finals spherical. These fortunate finalists will face a contemporary workforce of judges, and one will emerge because the winner of the first-ever Startup Battlefield Latin America. The winner takes residence $25,000 and a visit for 2 to the subsequent Disrupt, the place they’ll exhibit freed from cost within the Startup Alley and can also qualify to take part within the Startup Battlefield at Disrupt. Candy deal. All Startup Battlefield periods will likely be captured on video and posted on TechCrunch.com.
It’s an expertise no founder would wish to miss, contemplating the chance to hitch the ranks of Battlefield greats from years previous, together with Dropbox, Yammer, Mint, Getaround, CloudFlare, Vurb and lots of extra.
Get that software began now.
Right here’s the need-to-know about qualifying to use:
- Have an early-stage firm in “launch” stage
- Headquartered in one in every of these international locations: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela (Central America) Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama (Caribbean – together with dependencies and constituent entities), Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.
- Have a completely working product/beta moderately near, or in, manufacturing
- Have obtained restricted press or publicity up to now
- Haven’t any recognized mental property conflicts
- Apply by Aug. 6, 2018, at 5 p.m. PST
Tickets to attend Startup Battlefield Latin America will go on sale quickly. Eager about sponsoring the occasion, contact us right here