Our review of Advertising.com is limited, principally because we have not yet tested their ad placements firsthand. We hope to revise this review in the future to provide a more comprehensive look at their network. With nearly 2 billion ad impressions served daily, AOL’s Advertising.com is one of the largest players in the display ad network industry.
They serve ads of most of the top brands, featuring 92 of the top 100 national advertisers according to Ad Age; and they have relationships with 74 of the top 100 ad-supported websites according to comScore. Smaller publishers with at least 500,000 monthly impressions, can join Advertising.com via PubAccess, a self-serve control panel where publishers can oversee their display ad inventory and request placements to be approved.
Just be warned that the ad placement approval process can take a while. In our experience, it took 7 weeks before receiving approval. Also, I’m not sure exactly why I was required to answer the question, “What kind of content is on this site?” during the placement creation process.
If their AdLearn algorithm is all its cracked up to be, it should be able to figure that out on its own. Perhaps it just needs a little head start in the right direction. But knowing that Google AdSense does not require this input makes me a little leery of Advertising.com’s promises to serve truly relevant ads. Getting the ads placed and running reports are issues that we have not yet had the opportunity to fully test, but we will update this review when we have more information.
Advertising.com Payment Rating: 4 out of 5.
- Payout: Tiered CPM or Revenue Share.
- Payment Methods Available: Check, Direct Deposit, PayPal.
- Payment Terms: Net-30.
- Minimum Payout Threshold: $25.
Advertising.com Account Help Rating: 3 out of 5.
- Knowledge Base URL: https://pubaccess.advertising.com/userguide/sect1_pg1.html
- Personal Account Manager: No.
- Easy to Contact Support: Yes.
- Publisher Terms:https://www.advertising.com/publisher/terms.html
- Traffic Minimum: 500,000 monthly impressions.
- Publisher Language Requirement: None.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Hate, firearms, bombs, weapons, illegal activities, pornography, links to indecent matter, illegal file sharing.